Skip to main content Skip to footer

I am looking for a property that I will pay 3 months up front but then want to get DSS to pay. I'm a very clean mother of 2. Can you help?

I am splitting up with my partner who is refusing to leave our family home which is a lovely 5 bed property in Chislehurst, I have not got a good credit rating down to him, but I do have cash and somebody to stand sureity for me but as soon as I say dss nobody is interested. This will not affect them as I will be paying them cash each month, even 3 months advance if need be, I don't want a rundown house which seems all I can get, I am extremely clean and would look after the propety to a high standard, can anybody help?

Asked on Oct 14 2009, Renting in Chislehurst | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • If you ask the local authority they should have a list of landlords or agents that will accept dss good luck!

    Answered on Oct 25 2009, Report content
  • You need to contact the local Council housing benefit office direct as they will have a list of local properties than will take DSS tenants. Just so you know it is usually the Landlords Mortgage stipulations that prevent them accepting DSS tenants, it is not the Agents or the landlord in most cases. Good luck

    Answered on Feb 22 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Chislehurst questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting