Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

How to find a landlord who will accept DSS? Any advice?

I am receiving jobseekers allowance and urgently need to find a one bedroom property. Not yet claiming housing benefits as I've been told I have to find a property first. Do I need to apply for housing benefits first or would it be better to find a place before? I need to find an agency to get in contact with about renting on a low budget. Thanks in advance.

Asked on Oct 8 2012, Renting in Coulsdon | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • It might be worth trying places like and similar to try and rent privately as not many agents will accept housing benefit. It might also be worth trying to contact your local council and ask for a list of agents who deal with DSS tenants. For many agents it makes no difference if you are on full benefits or only receiving job seekers allowance.

    Answered on Oct 15 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Coulsdon questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting