Skip to main content Skip to footer

My son wishes to rent a house, I wish to live with him but due to my marriage break up I have had to go bankrupt, can we do this?

Asked on Jan 27 2010, Renting in Coventry | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • If your son is in full time employment and is going to be the main applicant I see no reason why not as he would be the one responsible for paying the rent, assuming he has a good credit rating. If however you would rely on your income to get the credit checks passed then this may be a problem. As a guarantor may be required or perhaps full payment for the term of the lease upfront. Your position should not mean there is no help for you, so perhaps phone a letting agent in the area you are looking to rent, go and meet them, explain the situation and see what they suggest. Good luck.

    Answered on Jan 27 2010, Report content
  • Depends on the landlord. If you are able to stump up a deposit and the first month's rent, a landlord may be sympathetic. There is also help available to provide the deposit in spome cases with local authorities.

    Answered on Feb 6 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Coventry questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting