Skip to main content Skip to footer

How can I evict tenant who has not paid rent for two months?

Asked on Nov 6 2011, Renting in Coventry | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Search for a specialist who deals with evictions.

    Answered on Nov 7 2011, Report content
  • Hi, you can serve a Section 8 notice for possession on the tenant once a tenant is eight weeks in arrears.

    Answered on Nov 14 2011, Report content
  • Yes but it may not be easy unless you are familiar with the court process, S8 notices, etc. If not you are better off seeking the advice of a solicitor, asked how much will it cost and compare prices. There are firms on line that will do this for you. But before you do all of this you need to decide what is it that you want, the arrears paid or possession. If possession a S21 route may be better, cheaper and much easier for you to do yourself. The court must give you possession but it will not consider the arrears but you could once possessions has been obtained take the tenant back to Court for a money owed to you. If you are looking for the arrears to be paid and bring the tenant into line with future payments then S8 notice may be the best option. Decide what you want and talk to a Solicitor there can then advise on the merits of each route and cost. Then decide from there.

    Answered on Nov 23 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Coventry questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting