Skip to main content Skip to footer

Renting a property for me to live in

I need to find a property to live in due to my relationship ending. My credit rating is very poor - what are my options.

Asked on Dec 29 2013, Renting in Cramlington | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi Robert, As you will no doubt be aware, it is hard to rent a flat in the current climate if you have problems such as a bad credit rating, largely because landlords will see you as something of a high risk, and will subsequently favour others over you. However there are ways to rent in your situation, so as long as you have some good history or someone to back you up then you should be fine. If you have previous records of renting and always being a reliable tenant with regards to paying your rent on time, then you can ask old landlords to provide you with a reference. If you don't have this, though, you should look to provide a guarantor's letter, which will show a landlord that you have someone prepared to be legally responsible for your rent if you should fail to pay. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Jan 3 2014, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Cramlington questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting