Skip to main content Skip to footer

How can I rent a house with a criminal record and bad credit?

Asked on Jan 27 2011, Renting in Durham | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 3 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • It would be best to be open with your chosen letting agency and see if a guarantor would be acceptable? A guarantor will be liable to pay rental in the event that you do not pay.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jan 27 2011, Report content
  • The best thing to do is see if you can’t pay for the 6 month rent in advance to give your future landlord the security he might need to rent to you. Lettings agents when doing their checks will find out about the bad credit but they do not do a Criminal Search. So the only obstacle to overcome is your bad credit rating. You can speak to a financial advisor to see how you can get your credit rating up and move on from there.

    Answered on Jan 28 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Durham questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting