Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Which estate agents in Worthing accept housing benefit?

I want to move to worthing in the next couple months, i am a single parent with two children i have UK home owner guarantor, deposit and references. I currently receive housing benefit i am a very good tenant being living in private rented accommodation for 8 years

Asked on Jan 24 2013, Renting in Brighton | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Try Sawyers 201 Heene Rd, Worthing BN11 4NN, they do! Really nice guys in there, please say Jonathan referred you. Good luck.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jan 24 2013, Report content
  • Hi Dallas31, There will be a few who accept those on housing benefit, although they can often be difficult to locate, but there are a couple of ways to do so and increase your chance of being able to find a rental home to move into even if your conditions are not ideal. One way you can seek out such a landlord or agent is to get in touch with the housing department at Worthing Borough Council, which will keep a list of landlords and lettings agents that accept people who are receiving housing benefits. This will be the easiest and quickest way to find what you are looking for. You might also like to turn towards private landlords, as these can often be more flexible than the hard and fast rules which some agents will work to, meaning you can talk to them about your personal situation. Finally, you might also use Zoopla's search, and in particular the advance option, where you can look for a keyword. Try searching the likes of "benefits" or "DSS" and see what landlords offer. Thanks, Scott

    Answered on Jan 28 2013, Report content
  • There is a new portal that is dedicated exclusively to people looking to rent on housing benefit. It is called DSS Move and all properties listed on their are open to housing benefit tenants. Good luck with your search. Worthing is a nice part of the world! :)

    Web reference:

    Answered on May 5 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Brighton questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting