Skip to main content Skip to footer

Private rent In Morayshire?

Is there anywhere in the Moray District that rents out flats for people on social security benefits??

Asked on Jan 24 2013, Renting in Elgin | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi freda1966, The market tends to have fewer landlords who will accept DSS or housing benefits tenants at the moment, but by looking around a little you can find them still. The most effective and straightforward way to do this can be to contact the local council housing department in Morayshire. They will hold a list of private tenants who are able to take on DSS tenants, and will be able to provide you with this, making it much easier to find somewhere to live. Alternatively, you could try going through private landlords who are not using letting agents, as there is a chance they could be more flexible with who they accept in what is a very competitive market at the moment. Thanks, Scott

    Answered on Jan 25 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Elgin questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting