Skip to main content Skip to footer

Legal requirements for landlords?

What legal requirements are there to rent out a property for landlords? I've heard that there is a HIP and register.

Asked on Jan 8 2010, Renting in Emsworth | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0
  • You do not need a HIP but you will need an EPC (Energy Performance certificate) You will also need a gas safety inspection and it is strongly advised to get a electrical inspection although strangely not a legal must! . Definately consult a local letting agent, it is importnant you have all corners covered when renting a property out! Handling deposit monies etc have to be dealt with correctly you will have to join a scheme to handle deposit monies, which can be costly if you have only one property to rent out. Please feel free to email my lettings department on with any questions, to see if they can help. Thanks.

    Answered on Jan 8 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Emsworth questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting