Skip to main content Skip to footer

What is the process of renting a property when you get housing benefit?

How can I rent a property if I get housing benefit? I do work but estate agents need you to have a guarantor who earns 34,000 per year & I do not have this, making it impossible for me to rent from them and I need to find somewhere to live in the next month.

Asked on Nov 25 2012, Renting in Erith | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • There are schemes by the government that can help you with finding a property if you are getting or going to get housing benefit. The scheme also helps guarantee the deposit and hence you do not require any other guarantors either. The scheme has different names in different boroughs but is very effective as my sister has used it in the past when she nearly bacame homeless. There is help out there, you will just have to go to your local council and find out.

    Answered on Feb 17 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Erith questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting