Skip to main content Skip to footer

Where's the best place to look for properties for young ppl on benifits?

I'm 23 and finding it very hard finding a property to rent as I'm on benefits and because of being under 25. Is there anywhere out there that does properties for ppl on dss? Thanks for your time. Lisa

Asked on Feb 11 2011, Renting in Gravesend | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 1

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • First stop should be Housing Benefit office. They usually keep a list of DSS-friendly landlords.

    Answered on Feb 11 2011, Report content
  • The council are due to drop DSS rates for people under 35 to a single room rate in January, so if you haven't found somewhere yet it will make it harder. Also ensure that when you approach an agent you have a deposit in place as the council normally don't pay this, and a homeowner guarantor as all agents will ask for one.

    Answered on Dec 28 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Gravesend questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting