Skip to main content Skip to footer

I have a poor credit rating but just sold my house which will clear every penny I and wife owe. With small lump sum. How do I rent a house?

Wishing to start afresh. How can I rent a property via an Estate Agent who will see the poor credit rating? I do not have anyone who could sign as guarantor but do have six months rent advance to cover the six months lease agreement. How should I proceed please?

Asked on Apr 5 2011, Renting in Eastleigh | Report content

Answers (4)

Was this question useful? Yes 3 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • The best policy is to be arrange some viewings on suitable properties. If you are interested in the property then discuss the situation with the Letting Agent. The poor credit rating will be picked up on the reference searches anyway. If your upfront and honest then the Agent is more likely to find a solution for you.

    Answered on Apr 6 2011, Report content
  • You can pay 6 or 12 months’ rent up front. It would help if you explained your circumstances too.

    Answered on Apr 6 2011, Report content
  • All agencies will reference you, and a credit check will be processed. You will find it easiest to pay a minimum of 6 months rent in advance. After this, you may be able to re-approach the agency and ask if you could pay rent on a monthly basis.

    Answered on Apr 13 2011, Report content
  • A good agent will look at the future and take on board the reasons for your situation. talk to the agent/landlord and be honest. Good luck.

    Answered on Jul 5 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Eastleigh questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting