Skip to main content Skip to footer

What documents do I need to rent a flat or house if I came from Poland?

And the next question, how long will I be waiting from finding a flat to moving in?

Asked on Feb 17 2010, Renting in Hull | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Firstly you will need some form of official ID as this is required for money laundering legislation (although this may be gathered by a referencing agency if the agent uses one). You will also almost certainly need proof of employment and references to be accepted by the landlord. As long as all these are acceptable to the landlord then you should be able to move in within a matter of a week or two if the property is available that quickly.

    Answered on Feb 18 2010, Report content
  • You will need your passport and proof of earnings. If you have just started work then you will need a letter from your employer and you may be asked for a guarantor. You will need a National Insurance number also

    Answered on Dec 14 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Hull questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting