Skip to main content Skip to footer

Moving to Hull in the summer for Uni, first time renter, advice needed please.....

Moving to Hull in the summer, first time renter, postgraduate degree at Hull Uni, not sure whether I'll have a job when I arrive (I have one at the moment but may need to finish if I can't get a transfer), can I pay landlord 3 months rent in advance with my student loan like I do in the Halls of Residence at my current Uni? I can then budget the rest of my money for bills etc. If I definitely do not have a job when I arrive will that discriminate me in any way? Will landlords only let to people who are working? As much help needed as poss please....

Asked on Apr 8 2011, Renting in Hull | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 1

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Don't worry, there are options. Different agents vary, so I suggest calling a few of your local agents to get yourself registered and find out what their policies are. Our agency would need to take 6 months up front rather than 3 months unless you have a UK based guarantor who earns 36 times the monthly rent. For example, if the rent is £1000 per month, the gaurantor needs to be earning at least £36'000. I hope that makes sense and good luck in your search.

    Answered on Apr 12 2011, Report content
  • Probably the best thing to do is to give the agents in the area this information and they'll try to match you with landlords who would be willing to offer you a tenancy based upon your terms.

    Answered on Dec 14 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Hull questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting