Skip to main content Skip to footer

Landlords who accept DSS claimants

Please can you find me rental accommodation? I am current receiving Jobseekers Allowance.

Asked on Sep 29 2013, Renting in Hull | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi PaulHornsey, As you will no doubt have discovered, it can be very difficult to get a rental property as a person on jobseeker's allowance, because landlords see the group as being what they would call "high risk" and a danger of not keeping up on rental payments. In a time like now when demand from private tenants is high, they will try to avoid people on benefits where they can. However, you can speak to agents and explain your own situation to them and see if they will take you on. Many will be open to discussion, particularly if you can prove that you have a good history of renting and paying on time or have a letter from a guarantor etc. Other tactics can also include talking to the council, which may be able to give you a list of private landlords and agents who will deal with people on benefits. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Oct 8 2013, Report content
  • Hi Paul, Our website offers the option to filter property search results by those that accept DSS. Not sure what area you are looking to rent in but you can check out our website. You can also find an office near you and give them a call for more advice. Hope that helps! Martin & Co (UK) Ltd

    Answered on Oct 15 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Hull questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting