Skip to main content Skip to footer

Problem tenants in a rented property.

Someone has recently rented their house out to new tenants in my road, but these tenants are now causing a nuisance in the area. How do I find out who the landlord is or what can be done to remove these people please?

Asked on Sep 27 2011, Renting in Ilkeston | Report content

Answers (4)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi there, working in a letting agents I know how problematic tenants can be! The best way to find out who a landlord is of a property is to carry out a property search on the land registry website. This will list who owns the property and will often also give a correspondence address for them. If there was a To Let board outside the property before the tenants moved in, it will be beneficial to contact the letting agent and ask them if they manage the property on behalf of the landlord. If they do, they will be able to contact the tenants on your behalf in confidence. If you still get no results, there is also a special department at the council called the abatement team who are specifically designed to deal with neighbour complaints. I hope this helps.

    Answered on Sep 30 2011, Report content
  • Hi, my colleague is right. carry out a land registry search and failing this make contact with the council.

    Answered on Sep 30 2011, Report content
  • What is the nature of your problem with the tenants? Different issues may require a different response.

    Answered on Oct 4 2011, Report content
  • To be successful with action via a landlord or letting agent, they will usually require some evidence of the nuisance. It is advisable to speak to the local council so that if any action needs to be taken, there is evidence to substantiate the claim.

    Answered on Dec 22 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Ilkeston questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting