Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Paying rent up front

Hello I am retired and living in France. I am thinking of selling up, returning to the UK and renting. The income from my pension is not enough to pass an agents income test. I will have the money from the sale of my house in France, and other investments, so could I rent and pay for the whole term in advance, maybe 1yr. Would this be acceptable to landlords ?

Asked on Jun 13 2017, Renting in Leicestershire | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hello - I would imagine most landlords would have no objections to this. However, you should ensure that any money you pay is fully protected and the 12 months rent paid is fully stated in the Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST).

    Answered on Jun 18 2017, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Leicestershire questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting