Skip to main content Skip to footer

Rental query by a private renter?

What is covered in rent payments i.e council tax, insurance, utilities?

Asked on Jan 20 2013, Renting in Liverpool | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Normally just building insurance I'm afraid. Check the agreement.

    Answered on Jan 21 2013, Report content
  • Hi ajdf, What is offered for your rent will depend on your landlord and sometimes on location and whether there are a number of people sharing, so it will be important to make sure that you ask the landlord or check rental listings, as these may tell you. In higher demand areas, it will be unlikely that your rent will cover any extras, but outwith cities, some landlords might pay your council tax or water bills as part of the charge to make them a more attractive prospect. Similarly, for landlords looking at people who are sharing, it will sometimes be the case that they offer gas and electricity inclusive, but this is very rare, and usually only done as a way to keep things simple when splitting costs as all systems are connected, making it difficult to calculate. Other inclusive payments will sometimes be internet, car parking and other service charges. However, most of the time it will be the case that you will need to pay for all those costs separately, so it is better to check with a landlord themselves. Thanks, Scott

    Answered on Jan 22 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Liverpool questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting