Skip to main content Skip to footer

Help with deposit for the flat

Name of the company that helps with the deposit, I saw the advert the other day that I can pay £150 and to the company and they will sort out my deposit

Asked on May 25 2010, Renting in London | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • In my opinion, the best way forward would be to search alternative methods of purchase where you do not require such large deposits for purchase. Alternatively look to borrow your deposit from a family friend or associate?

    Answered on May 28 2010, Report content
  • We use a referencing company called FCC Paragon who have a Smart Deposit solution which is an insurance based product that covers up to two months deposit on your behalf. There is a cost of around £150 payable by the tenant. The requirement is that there must be an inventory check in & check out report and you must pass the reference & credit check to qualify. Because it is an insurance based product there is no requirement for this to be protected by the deposit protection schemes, and dilapidations will be paid by FCC Paragon directly to the landlord within 14 days. FCC Paragon will then collect the damages from the tenant using their debt recovery department. These products are only available through agencies so you will need to be renting from an agent like ourselves who use FCC Paragon. I hope this information helps. Regards, J&D Property Rentals Ltd

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jun 18 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting