Skip to main content Skip to footer

I'm looking to rent a 2 bed house but looks almost impossible how long I've had in the past some problems with an unpaid phone bill. What can I do?

We are a young couple with quite good and stable jobs, no kids and obligations but I do have this problem. I refused to pay them the phone bill for bad services but I have sent them the phone back. Now looks like I'm in trouble trying to rent a house. Thanks!

Asked on Aug 14 2010, Renting in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • There is obviously a County Court Judgement against your name which will show up when the Agents carry out a credit check. My advice would be to warn the agents in advance of trying to rent a property and explain in full how this happened. If you can find a sympathetic agent who will discuss the situation with any potential Landlord, you might just be in with a chance of finding a suitable home. Ultimately though it is the landlords decision. You may also find that private landlords do not always carry out credit checks, so this may be another avenue for you to pursue.

    Answered on Aug 19 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting