Skip to main content Skip to footer

Can you have your name on two separate tenancy agreements?

I am currently renting but want to move in with my partner, and will have a few months on two tenancy agreements if possible?

Asked on Sep 1 2010, Renting in London | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • You can have two tenancy agreements in place just bear in mind you have to keep up payments on both properties so you don’t end up with a bad reference.

    Answered on Sep 2 2010, Report content
  • I believe you can as long as payments are satisfied

    Answered on Sep 7 2010, Report content
  • Yes this is possible, although when you apply for the new property you may have to provide a reference from your current landlord, and this is likely to flag up the fact that you have an overlap, so be prepared to demonstrate that you can afford to pay rent on both properties during that period.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Oct 17 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting