Skip to main content Skip to footer

HMO licence is good for landload?

I am thinking to buy property for rent, the house has 5 bed rooms. The agency said, the property has HMO license. I haven't got much of knowledge about it. It makes me worry, if it's too complicate or regulate, so on. any advice?

Asked on Sep 11 2011, Renting in London | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • For a basic guide to whether your property should have a license or not answer the following 3 questions: Does your property have 3 or more storeys? Is the property let to 5 or more unrelated tenants? Do tenants share facilities? If the answer to all 3 questions is yes then you may need a license. Check with the local council for that area because it varies.

    Answered on Sep 12 2011, Report content
  • HMO rules can be quite complicated and requirements vary between local authorities. Contact your local council and they will be able to explain the requirements to you.

    Answered on Oct 12 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting