Skip to main content Skip to footer

Moving due to building renovation?

Due to building works I will have to vacate my current rental and seek similar?

Asked on Dec 3 2012, Renting in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi p.gil6820, Normally, if building works are going to cause disruption or potential hazards to anyone living in the house or flats, then it will be the case that all residents would have to move out of the property and seek a similar rental in order to allow the renovation to continue. However, there are rules to follow with regards to this issue for landlords, and it is the case that if any works are to be carried out, then everyone must agree to it prior to it commencing. Like in any other circumstances, it is also true that your landlord will also need to provide you with a suitable notice period in order to ensure that you have the time to find another acceptable rental before such time as the renovation work begins.

    Answered on Dec 13 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting