Skip to main content Skip to footer

Accreditation of letting agents

How do I find out whether or not a letting agent is accredited?

Asked on Jan 14 2013, Renting in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 1
  • There are several schemes available for agents to choose from, but the most established is ARLA (The Association of Residential Letting Agents), who are part of the NFOPP group (National Federation of Property Professionals). Their website includes a search engine that will allow you to check to ensure they are a genuine member of a regulatory scheme. Other schemes include SAFE agent & NALS (National Approved Lettings Scheme), but there are a few more. I would suggest that you speak to the agent concerned and then search the relevant body website if you wish to double check. Any agent worth dealing with should be a member of a scheme.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jan 17 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting