Skip to main content Skip to footer

Who will accept housing benefit?

The property I live in now is in the process of being sold and I will need to move. I need help to find a place with one or 2 bedrooms which will accept housing benefit.

Asked on Mar 26 2013, Renting in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi Shiheb2000, As you will no doubt be aware, there are issues which can present themselves when it comes to renting a flat or a house when you are receiving benefits. Many landlords simply decide to close the door to you because of your circumstances. This is purely because of the perception they have of such tenants and the perceived risk that they will not be paid in full for their services or on time. At times when demand is as high as it is at the moment, it can be difficult to find someone ready to accept benefits. There are options that you can take though. For example, have you tried talking to the local council? Advisers should be able to put you in touch with the housing department, where you will be able to source a list of local authority-approved agents which will be happier to work with you. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Mar 28 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting