Skip to main content Skip to footer

What legal documents are required to rent apartments in the UK for an expat who have just arrived to UK (no previous UK address)

I am moving to London in around 3 - 4 weeks, I need to find an apartment/house for rental (I will stay for a couple of weeks in a hotel while I am searching), I have a valid tier 2 VISA but it is my first time to live in UK, so I don't have a previous address there, also I don't have a UK bank account as you need a UK permanent address to apply for a UK bank account !!! What are the requirements to rent an apartment/house in my case?

Asked on Sep 15 2013, Renting in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi, Your letting agent would need forms of ID and usually 6 months rent in advance as standard practice for these situations. We hope this helps.

    Answered on Sep 19 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting