Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Who is responsible for a broken window?

After a tenant moved out, the checkout report shows a window is shattered. The window is double glazed and the damage is to the outer glass pane (inner pane is unbroken). Since the damage is only to the outer pane, the tenant denies responsibility. The flat is on a (very) high floor and the tenant is able to open the window. Who is responsible for the damage?

Asked on Jul 26 2016, Renting in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • A bit of a grey area. If your property is a flat try the managing agents. Otherwise if it were me, I would pay it as landlord as it seems fair. - Jonathan :-)

    Answered on Aug 9 2016, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting