Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Can a foreign spouse rent a flat together with a British citizen?

I'm a foreigner, my husband is British, and we are looking into renting a flat together. My residency permit runs out next year, but I'm moving for work to Belgium in October so I am not planning on extending it right now. Can we legally rent a flat together, or do I need residency status? He'd rent alone but his credit score is poor so we want to be able to count my income and savings when applying to rent places (I'll be living in company housing). Thanks for the help!

Asked on Jul 25 2017, Renting in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hello - It might be difficult if the property is going into your name but he may be able to find somewhere and have you in place as a guarantor. Any references from previous landlords / employers would also help his case. Best of luck

    Answered on Jul 31 2017, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting