Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Cosigning a rental lease

I am a U.S. citizen currently living in Texas and my boyfriend is an English citizen living in London. We are in the process of moving in together, however, I will not be moving to London until the spring. He alone, does not have the income to prove that he can afford the rental property we are interested in, however, together we have enough to prove we can afford it with the current job I have in the United States. Is it possible for me to cosign with him on our rental lease before I officially obtain a job in London?

Asked on Nov 12 2017, Renting in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hello - it would really depend on the landlord. You may be able to co-sign but you'll probably need to provide some kind of guarantor. There may also be some issues with the fact that you are a US citizen but as long as you can prove you can genuinely afford the rent, then there shouldn't be too many problems. I would suggest going on the "To rent" section of Zoopla's website, putting in where you are interested and call some lettings agencies. Best of luck

    Web reference:

    Answered on Nov 16 2017, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting