Skip to main content Skip to footer

I have to find my own home, the council are not going to rehouse me or my children

Can someone please help me, I have lost my home, I have looked every were to find a 3 bedroom house. I am on benefits but the problem I am having is finding a big deposit. Can anyone tell me where to get help from? Thank you

Asked on Mar 26 2010, Renting in Feltham | Report content

Answers (4)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Go to your local Job Centre plus building, they should be able to help you, crisis loans, support, if they don't provide these I would be surprised.

    Answered on Mar 26 2010, Report content
  • Your council will be able to provide you with a loan for the deposit and in some instances the first months rent. It is repayable weekly and you can arrange to pay for it via a paypoint, Council will allocate you with a card to enable you to do this. Best of Luck I hope you find help

    Answered on Mar 26 2010, Report content
  • Get in touch with Shelter 0808 800 4444 they are a Housing and Homeless charity and will offer you best advise.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Mar 26 2010, Report content
  • I would also speak to Citizens Advice they will know of all of the relevant people that will be able to help you if the Council are not being cooperative.

    Answered on Mar 26 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Feltham questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting