Skip to main content Skip to footer

How do I find a property which excepts housing benefit?

I'm trying to rent a property in either Hampton, Twickenham, Teddington, Whitton, Hanworth,Barnes, Mortlake, or Sheen. I am on full housing benefit and can provide a guarantor but I'm struggling to find any landlords that will except housing benefit can you suggest any estate agents that do have landlords that are happy to except housing benefit?

Asked on Mar 22 2013, Renting in Hampton | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Do you need to tell them? I may be wrong, however, I recently asked the Camden council and they said the money goes directly into your account - none of the estate agents business.

    Answered on Mar 22 2013, Report content
  • Hi phina, As you've discovered, finding a landlord or a letting agent can be a difficult task when you are on either DSS or housing benefits. This is because the high levels of demand that are still prevalent in the market at the moment means they can fill their homes without having to deal with the perceived levels of risk that exist in these types of tenant. There are ways around it though. If you use the search function on this site, you can look into the advanced fields on the left hand side and use the keyword field to look for the likes of "DSS accepted" or "housing benefits accepted". Your other option will be to try and contact the local council, where the housing department will have a list of private sector letting agents they work with who will be able to assist with your query and find you a property. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Mar 25 2013, Report content
  • Answered on Apr 8 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Hampton questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting