Skip to main content Skip to footer

Hi, looking for an agent who accepts DSS?

Hi, I need to find an agent who has 1 bedroom flats for rent that accept DSS could you help please?

Asked on Jan 25 2010, Renting in Wallington | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • All agents should accept DSS. If they do not they are actually in breach of discrimation laws. By saying no DSS they are saying no to Dissability Benefits which is illegal. What you are best asking the agents is, do you have any landlords that they know off that would accept DSS. A landlord can choose to accept or decline any tenant. This way it stops you searching properties to find out they will not accept you. Give your agent as much information as possible, it makes their job of finding you a property much easier.

    Answered on Jan 25 2010, Report content
  • Its not the agents decision as to who they accept. Slightly different to the previous answer, I would get a selection of property you like the look of and call the agent to ask if the landlord/lady will accept DSS. Often if the company has lots of property they will not know of hand and will probably then only know when they ask a landlord/lady. Many will take DSS though, so dont be put off by the odd no here and there. Good Luck.

    Answered on Jan 25 2010, Report content
  • There are a lot of agents that don’t take Housing Benefit or DSS due to the way they are paid. The best thing to do is speak to the local council as they will have a list of agents that take Housing Benefit and even private landlords. If not then try gumtree as there are a few private landlords on the site that will help you. Good luck

    Answered on Jan 28 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Wallington questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting