Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Renting Properties/Bungalows in Cornwall that will allow disabled dss people

Does anyone know where & whom I can approach to help me move from Manchester to Cornwall? I am on DSS and although I am in Council accomodation here I cannot be considered for anything Council-wise in Cornwall. Help would be gratefully received. Debra

Asked on Apr 13 2013, Renting in Manchester | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi Debra Kyle, Although you mention you are not eligible for council housing in your new area, you should still be able to make use of the council in order to find out who can help you with this type of issue. Try giving the local authority's housing department a call and see if they can provide you with a list of letting agents or landlords who are willing to accept DSS tenants. This can make your job much easier and will allow you to narrow your search considerably in terms of what agents you look at. Your other option is to try to make use of the search option on the website here at Zoopla. Try carrying out a standard query, using the place and type of property you require. From there, look down the right hand side of the page where the advanced options are. There is a box for keywords, and you can have a go at searching in here for words such as "DSS accepted" or "benefits allowed" and other variations. Again this will allow you to narrow your search. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Apr 15 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Manchester questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting