Skip to main content Skip to footer

Can I rent a house if I have no job?

I can get money, I'm at college and I have a dla so I can afford to pay monthly but I have no job.

Asked on Feb 25 2013, Renting in Motherwell | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi Hanz201, There will be some landlords who accept housing benefits, but at the moment they are sometimes a little more difficult to find because demand is high for their properties, meaning that many will simply opt to only take on people who can provide proof of employment and income. However, there are ways to find someone who will let you a house if you are on these housing benefits. Try using the Zoopla site and use the advanced search function. From there, use the keyword bar on the right hand side, typing 'benefits accepted' or the like in the box. Alternatively you can contact the council in the area that you want to rent in, as they will keep a list of letting agents who accept people on benefits, which they should provide you through their housing department. The other option you can take is to look at getting a guarantor who can give an assurance that your rent will be paid in full each month, which many agents will accept. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Feb 28 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Motherwell questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting