Skip to main content Skip to footer

Houses in Nottingham?

I live in Newcastle but I want to move to Nottingham, I want to rent a house in Nottingham that will take dss for now?

Asked on Feb 4 2013, Renting in Newcastle upon Tyne | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi Clair282, Finding a landlord that will let you rent a flat while you are on DSS can be a very difficult task when demand is as high as it is now, because a great number of landlords are able to find other tenants, and won't take the risks they believe some DSS tenants can pose in terms of rent not being paid. However, there are a couple of options that are still open to you. One is to go down the route of looking for a private landlord, whom you can explain your own situation to. They may well be more flexible and open to accepting you as a tenant when on DSS. Your other option is to get in touch with the housing department at Nottingham City Council, who will hold a list of all landlords and agents that will accept housing benefit tenants, which can give you a place to start. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Feb 7 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Newcastle upon Tyne questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting