Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

What are the requirements needed to rent a property ?

Asked on Feb 22 2010, Renting in Orpington | Report content

Answers (4)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • You will need to be able to pass any credit referencing the agency undertakes on the landlords behalf and you will need a deposit typically 1.5moths rent plus the months rent in advance. In addition you will need to be willing to sign a legally binding tenancy agreement which do vary from agent to agent and provide provide proof of ID such as Driving licence or passport

    Answered on Feb 22 2010, Report content
  • It varies from agent to agent, but with ours you will need to be employed and pass referencing ie previous landlord, employers and credit as well as either passing a rent guarantee scheme or having a UK homeowner guarantor, proof of ID will also be required, Recent utility bill, passport/photo driving licence. On the day you move in you will need to pay 1 months rent deposit and one months rent in advance.

    Answered on Feb 22 2010, Report content
  • It depends on the agent. Most agents will ask for some kind of credit checks and references (employment, previous landlord etc) some agents might ask for a guarantor instead. You will also need a deposit ready (usually one month's rent)

    Answered on Jan 29 2014, Report content
  • Renting in cleethorpes

    Answered on Dec 8 2016, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Orpington questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting