Skip to main content Skip to footer

Help with renting and finances

I am in the process of selling my house due to my husband walking out etc and need to sell, when the house is sold i need to rent a property with my son (20) his girlfriend (19 ) and my daughter (21) unfortunately i have got a bad credit history including 2 ccj's. Also when i get the proceeds from the house i would be in a position to pay a few months of rent upfront but that wouldn't be until i have the money from the sale in my account. What money would need before i get my equity from the sale to be able to rent a property. Please advise how easy or hard it will be for me to rent a property and what money i would need and how long the process takes, also we have a dog is this going to be a problem with finding a property to rent?

Asked on Jun 23 2012, Renting in Peterborough | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 3 No 0
  • To avoid credit checks, you could rent from a private landlord, although not having a deposit will be a problem. Not all landlords mind a dog, one well behaved dog is often accepted by landlords. Having a guarantor can be very beneficial, if you have CCJ's, rental agencies may ask for a guarantor. Speak to the citizen’s advice bureau, they can offer advice on renting. When speaking to rental agencies, try to speak to them face to face, if you just call them on the phone, they may not give you much time. Best of luck.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jun 25 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Peterborough questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting