Skip to main content Skip to footer

Trying to move out of Reading to Oxfordshire area?

I am trying to find estate agents that will help me relocate from Reading to South Oxfordshire that accept that I'm on Housing Benefit. The quicker I can move the better. I'm trying to better the life for me and my son and need to move to do this. Thanks.

Asked on Feb 23 2013, Renting in Reading | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi RebeccaandRomeo, Unfortunately as you know, renting when you are on housing benefits can be very difficult, due to the fact that many landlords and agents are in high demand at the moment, meaning they take the perceived "safe" option, even though, as you point out, many benefit tenants can be highly reliable. However, there are options you can take when looking at this sort of renting. Use the Zoopla site to do so for a start. Search for your desired area, and then on the advanced search options, type "DSS accepted" into the search box to have a look at all the property listings where this is mentioned. Alternatively, you might look to get into contact with the local authority in the area you want to live in. The housing department will have a list of letting agents who accept tenants on housing benefits and hopefully this will help. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Feb 25 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Reading questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting