Skip to main content Skip to footer

Which estate agents in Reading accept housing benefit?

Asked on Aug 9 2013, Renting in Reading | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi Its not down to which estate/letting agency accepts housing benefit, it's down to the landlord. You can usually see if the landlord accepts DSS at the bottom of a listing by a good estate agency

    Answered on Aug 16 2013, Report content
  • Hi Melchalker, As mentioned above, it does not come down to individual estate or letting agents (although there are some who will have some hard and fast rules which may well include this). It is the prerogative of the landlord whether or not they choose to take on someone who is on DSS or housing benefit among a range of other assistance. Many opt not to because of the perceived potential for complications in receiving payments and the fact they can normally get a tenant not on benefits very quickly in the current market. The best option is to have a search on the Zoopla site and the use the advanced search on the left hand side of the results page. On here, you can type in things like "DSS accepted" or "benefits accepted" etc to see if there are any who mention it. You can also contact the local council's housing department, which will often have access to a list of landlords who are happy to work with benefits tenants. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Sep 6 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Reading questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting