Skip to main content Skip to footer

Property's that accept housing benefits

Landlords that accept housing benefits in reading an surrounding areas

Asked on Dec 26 2013, Renting in Reading | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi Areeenal29, Finding someone that will accept benefits in the current market can be a tough thing to do, as many people will be looking to go for the safer option, and most landlords and agents will see someone who is on housing benefits as being what they would call "high risk". With this in mind, it can be a good idea to contact the local council. They will often be privy to a list of letting agents and landlords who do regularly work with their benefits tenants, and they might pass this onto you. Aside from this, all you can do is hope for the best. Speak to agents and explain your situation to them. You might also have more success if you can come forward with things such as a guarantors note to say that someone else will be legally responsible for your rent being paid, or a large deposit. Rental references from old landlords to prove you have always paid on time in the past can also be hugely beneficial. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Jan 2 2014, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Reading questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting