Skip to main content Skip to footer

I have a cat, is there anywhere that would take me on as a tenant?

Would I have to put down a higher deposit or perhaps sign a lease saying I will leave the flat/house in the same state I found it in? etc

Asked on Feb 5 2011, Renting in Sheffield | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • I would recommend contacting local agents and registering your details. They should be aware of properties that would accept pets and contact you when they become available. You may need to pay a higher bond, and sign an addendum to the contract (which may contain clauses such as ensuring the carpets are cleaned to a professional standard at the end of the tenancy etc...).

    Answered on Feb 5 2011, Report content
  • It is the landlord's choice to accept pets or not, however a landlord is not legally allowed to withold the right for you to have a pet unless a valid reason is given (such as the landlord is allergic to cats, and will be staying in the property after you). It may be reasonable to pay a higher deposit, as the landlord may feel safer in knowing that if any damages are caused by the cat, the higher deposit can cover the cost of fixing the problem.

    Answered on Feb 7 2011, Report content
  • I agree with the above two answers, try the below website I have added to see if there are any properties advertised on there in the area you are interested in. Best of luck.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Feb 8 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Sheffield questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting