Skip to main content Skip to footer

Private landlords in York area who accept DSS

Hi, I am wanting to relocate back to York, Selby area but finding it very difficult. My current situation is...Unemployed having been laid off work and seeking jobseekers allowance. I'm at catch 22, you need a property to be able to get a job or a job to be able to get property. Can anybody help?..........Thanks.

Asked on Dec 21 2011, Renting in Shrewsbury | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • We would suggest that you contact the local council there who should be able to provide you with a list of agents who will take DSS. We would also suggest looking on websites such as Gumtree etc.

    Answered on Jan 25 2012, Report content
  • Hi I am 37 years old single with along term illness and I am actually living in Hostel in Kings Cross. I am registered on the Camden Housing option but due to high demand and my poor illness I have been advised to look for a private Accommodation. I am entitled to a Housing Benefit and to 250/week. I have a guarantor who is owner of a Farm in Hertfordshire. I am genuinely desperate and need urgently a one bedroom flat suitable for my poor health. Thank you for any help and advice.

    Answered on May 15 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Shrewsbury questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting