Skip to main content Skip to footer

I'm having real problems finding an estate agent that has landlords who will accept housing benefit. Is there a list of agents I can call?

Asked on Feb 8 2010, Renting in Twickenham | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • The easiest way to find landlords or agents that take dss are to ask your local authority. They will have a list of private landlords and agents that will accept you and this may even be on their website. Alternatively, you can look on Gumtree as they have a search engine that allows you to pick private landlords. Good Luck Harringtons Lettings

    Answered on Feb 20 2010, Report content
  • The best thing you can do is talk to your local council and they will have a list of all agents in the area that accept housing benefit.

    Answered on Feb 22 2010, Report content
  • You WOULD think the local council would have a list of landlords or agents who accept housing benefit, but no, at least not Richmond Council. I went in to ask and they don't have a list and can't help at all. They did suggest Gumtree, which I have checked, but this is equally useless. Most of the properties on Gumtree are through agencies and the private ones seem to ask well above the normal rental price asked by agencies.

    Answered on Jul 15 2015, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Twickenham questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting