Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Rental from September '14 with two cats

Hello, We are currently living in South Africa but are looking for accommodation around West London from September this year. I have a Swiss Passport and my husband will have an EEA permit to enter the UK. We do not have work in London at the moment. Please can anyone let me know what would be the requirements making it possible for us to rent in the UK? We also have two cats and sufficient funds to be self sustaining for quite a few months. We would love a place just outside of London that would be a bit more quiet, but not too much travel into London. Any advise would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Bonnie

Asked on Jun 16 2014, Renting in UK | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi Bonnie, In regards to renting a property without being in work, it may be that the agent requires you to pay so many months upfront. The best thing to do would be to search for an area desirable for yourself and contact agents within that local area, specifically making them aware of your circumstances so they can advise all upfront costs before you go ahead with something. We would also say it would be best to say about your cats as well as some properties do not allow pets, whereas some do and some may require a higher bond for this, again, that is something an agent can inform you about, We hope this helps.

    Answered on Jun 17 2014, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in UK questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting