Skip to main content Skip to footer

Housing benefit rentals

How do I find somewhere to rent that takes housing benefit? I have already rang all those on the council sheet they gave us

Asked on Nov 9 2010, Renting in Waterlooville | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • You can only go round all the local agents and ask if they deal with people on housing benefit, Sometimes that agent is willing, but there are many Landlords who will not accept someone on benefit. Register with all those who are willing to deal with someone on benefits. Hope this helps

    Answered on Nov 17 2010, Report content
  • Hi We would suggest that you contact your local authority who should have a list of private landlords that accept DSS or Housing Benefit. They will also be able to recommend local agents who also deal with Housing Benefit. Also, a good website for private landlords is gumtree. You can search in your area for landlords who will take dss and they have their numbers direct. Good Luck Harringtons Lettings

    Answered on Nov 22 2010, Report content
  • If you go to the LHA website you can find the HB rate (for 2bed Portsmouth Council is £143.84pw (£623pcm) but Winchester Council is £184.11pw (£798pcm). However the cheapest Portsmouth housing (to buy) is more than 20% less than the cheapest Winchester housing. Short answer - move to Portsmouth, where you will find lots of HB rentals.

    Web reference: http://

    Answered on Nov 26 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Waterlooville questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting