Skip to main content Skip to footer

Where can I find a Residential Letting Service Agreement?

Where can I find a balanced Residential Letting Service Agreement between landlord and estate agent and guidance on current fees?

Asked on Dec 11 2012, Renting in Wembley | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0
  • It really depend swhat you are after, what you want from an agent and what you are prepared to do yourself. If you are happy to do the lions share of work yourself then I would use an online agent like upad that will advertise your property for a fixed fee (You handle the viewings) and can also oversee tenant referencing and supply contracts. However, if you want a REAL agency service than, like everything in life, qualitty doesnt come cheap. You should only ever use a regulated agent that is a member of at LEAST 1 of these: ARLA, NALS, UKALA, SAFEAgent, RICS, TPOS (we are memebrs of 4 of these). Stndard industry rates are 10% + VAT of the contractual rent for a Let Only service; around 12% for Let & Rent Collection and 15-17% for a Let & Managed service. Make sure, what ever agent you use, you understand their fee structure. Some agents will charge extra for almost everything (referencing, contracts, check in, etc.)- make sure you fully understand the cost implications and commitments you make before you sign ANYTHING! Ultimately, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. So dont pick an agent based on who'll give you the lowest fee- there is a reason for this, they are rubbish (and no, there are NO exceptions to this rule). I also rate reviews highly and recommend also looking at sites like freeindex, qype or allagents to see what other people have said about agents and why. Hope this helps and good luck!

    Web reference:

    Answered on May 23 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Wembley questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting