Skip to main content Skip to footer

Council tax and maintenance charges?

I have a Flat in Crawley. I am leaseholder to the flat and Crawley Borough Council is the landlord. I own the flat. If I rent it, who is liable to pay Council Tax as well as maintenence charges? Myself as home owner or the tenant?

Asked on Apr 4 2011, Renting in Crawley | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 3 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Usually the Landlord is responsible to Maintenance Fees, Ground Rent and Buildings Insurance and the tenant is responsible for all utility bills and insuring their own contents

    Answered on Apr 4 2011, Report content
  • Hi, If you are renting out the property the ownus would be on the tenant to pay any charges such as council tax however the landlord would be responsible for maintenance etc.

    Answered on Sep 26 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Crawley questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting