Skip to main content Skip to footer

Who is responsible for household insurance for a privately rented property?

Asked on Jun 20 2011, Renting in Wickford | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 3 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Your landlord should insure the building with specific insurance for rented property, we also recommend they take out landlords contents insurance as this will come with public liability cover in most cases. As a tenant, it is recommended that you take out tenants contents insurance which has accidental damage cover to the landlords fixtures and fittings.

    Answered on Jun 20 2011, Report content
  • In simple terms the Landlord should ensure the building and any fixtures and fittings. The tenant should insure their own contents.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jun 21 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Wickford questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting