Skip to main content Skip to footer

HELP! home being repossessed

My house is being repossessed due to my landlord not paying the mortgage, does anyone know how /who I can get help from to pay the bond on a new house?

Asked on Nov 3 2010, Renting in Wigan | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 3 No 1

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Depending on when you rented the property, and assuming you have a housing act tenancy, your deposit should be in a protected scheme. Therefore, you should be able to get your deposit back (assuming there are no damages to the property etc... etc...). You should have been given information by your landlord within 14 days of moving in to your property, and there may be information contained within your tenancy agreement. If this is not the case you should perhaps seek legal advice as you may be able to claim against your landlord via the courts. If none of the above applies, I can only recommend speaking to a housing officer at your local council to see if they would be able to assist you with the deposit.

    Answered on Nov 4 2010, Report content
  • I’d suggest speaking to the Citizens Advice Bureau as soon as possible to find out where you stand from a legal stand point.

    Answered on Nov 4 2010, Report content
  • Don't delay, go to your citizens advice centre.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Nov 4 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Wigan questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting