Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

I am on DSS and I want a 1 bedroom flat or house without sharing

Looking for a 1 to 2 bedroom flat for rent and I am on DSS but I can pay deposit

Asked on Nov 27 2009, Renting in Woodford Green | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • There are a lot of agents that don’t take Housing Benefit or DSS due to the way they are paid. The best thing to do is speak to the local council as they will have a list of agents that take Housing Benefit and even private landlords. If not then try gumtree as there are a few private landlords on the site that will help you. Good luck

    Answered on Jan 28 2010, Report content
  • Check out Viva Street team they have a section to advertise for free in your own area and you can the put "Flat or house to rent that except DSS/housing benefit" I used it to find a property for my daughter that is on DSS.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Feb 15 2010, Report content
  • Hi! I personally look for DSS housing on, and Out of these I believe that has the best selection of DSS housing options on the market.

    Answered on Sep 12 2017, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Woodford Green questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting